Rakuten is a Japanese ecommerce company that operates a marketplace and shopping portal. Amazon is an American ecommerce company that operates a marketplace and shopping portal.
There are many people who wonder if Rakuten works with Amazon. Well, I have researched and here is what I found out!
Does Rakuten Work with Amazon in 2022?
The short answer is no, Rakuten does not work with Amazon. The two companies are no longer affiliated. One of the main reason may be because Amazon has become one of the top Rakuten competitors in Japan.
There’s a whole lot more to learn about using Rakuten and Amazon, so be sure to check out our full guide for further details.
Why isn’t Amazon on Rakuten Anymore?
In early 2020, it was announced that Amazon would be pulling its listings from Rakuten, Japan’s largest online marketplace. The move was sudden and unexpected, leaving many customers and sellers scrambling to understand the reasoning behind it.
While Amazon has not released a public statement addressing the reason for their departure, there are several theories circulating as to why they made the decision.
Some believe that Rakuten’s growth in Japan may have caused Amazon to feel threatened, while others suggest that the two companies have had disagreements over commission fees or other business practices.
Whatever the reason may be, the departure of Amazon from Rakuten is a major blow for both companies. For Rakuten, it means losing one of the biggest and most well-known brands in online retail. And for Amazon, it means losing access to one of the largest online markets in the world.
Is Rakuten bigger than Amazon?
The answer to this question is difficult to determine. While Rakuten is a very large company, Amazon is even larger. Rakuten has been growing rapidly in recent years, but it is still much smaller than Amazon. It is possible that Rakuten could eventually become larger than Amazon, but it is too early to say for sure.
Amazon even has more sales in than Rakuten in Japan which is the parent country of the latter.
Which is better Amazon or Rakuten?
There are a few things to consider when choosing between Amazon and Rakuten.
- Price is one factor, as Rakuten often has lower prices.
- Selection is another; Amazon has a much larger selection. Delivery speed is also important; Amazon often delivers faster than Rakuten.
- Finally, customer service is an important consideration; Amazon often has better customer service.
In the end, it depends on what’s most important to you. If price is the most important factor, go with Rakuten. If selection is the most important factor, go with Amazon. If delivery speed is the most important factor, go with Amazon. And if customer service is the most important factor, go with Amazon.
You may also like // Does Carmax Sell New Cars
Why is Rakuten so successful?
There are many reasons why Rakuten is so successful. Here are three of the main reasons:
- Rakuten has a strong focus on customer satisfaction. They offer great customer service, and they always work to improve their products and services.
- Rakuten is a very innovative company. They are always introducing new products and services, and they are always looking for ways to improve their business.
- Rakuten is a very well-funded company. They have a lot of money to invest in their business, and this enables them to be very competitive in the market.
- Rakuten also has a strong social media presence, which helps them connect with customers and promote their products.
What Retailers participate in Rakuten?
There are over 2,500 stores which work with Rakuten. Some of these retailers that participate in Rakuten include:
- Ultra Beauty
Even though Rakuten was earlier affiliated with Amazon, the two companies no longer work together. However, Rakuten still works with other top retailers such as Walmart.